Lost kingdoms roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The queen and the messenger

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The queen and the messenger Empty The queen and the messenger

Post by Nikola Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Flora was taking a short break at a stream, filling up her water skin and canteen. As well as rereading the message her friend Rose had left for her.
Flora,
I wish I could tell you this in person. However I just heard about a contest up in the north. The winner gets to help out an adventurous prince. How awesome would that be? Hope I don't see you there!

Anyway, there is someone I want you to meet. She is staying at the Beaver heart inn, down south of Hope. I'm sure you can figure it out where it is. Just keep hold of this letter, she will figure out it's from me. Then you'll know
Rose

She still didn't completely understand what her friend meant, however she trusted Rose and was almost to hope. So she will find out soon.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

The queen and the messenger Empty Re: The queen and the messenger

Post by Roseora Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Cynthia had been trying to find a group of the best fighters she could trust, although they were few and far between. One sprite she had met had suggested someone who could be a very good messenger, to help her rally the troops as fast and efficiently as possible, since the people who had agreed to help her were all spread across the kingdom.
Cynthia was a pretty good judge of character, so she only told those she truly trusted that she was the rightful queen. Only those who shared their beliefs that the current ruler was corrupt. Luckily, the corruption was not hidden, so much of the kingdom was on her side.
But "king" Oberon had an army of highly trained and terrified soldiers. Soldiers who would fight any battle rther than deal with the kings punishment, no matter if they liked it or not.

"Mornin', Cynth-" the bartender coughed, trying to cover up the mistake, before correcting himself. "Sianna." He said, "Can I get you a drink? Something for breakfast?" He asked with a smile.

"Im out of money, just water please." She said politely, he shook his head.
"No, its on the house for.. For a friend." He said, clearly finding it difficult not to call her "Cynthia" or "the queen."
He thought for a second. "The usual, a nice strong tea, with some fresh fruit?" He asked, digging a mug out of the cupboard.

"Thankyou." Cynthia said, sincerely. "Im waiting for someone today, a fairy by the name of Flora. If she comes in please bring her to me?" She asked, taking the teacup and plate of fruit from his hands. He nodded, "Sure thing."

Cynthia glanced out the window, shed overslept today. No matter, Jake (the bartender) would have told her if any fairies had come in, and there was still plenty of day left for her to get here, she thought as she trudged up the creaky stairs to her room.

Sitting on the bed, she got out a few papers, lists of people who were in her small army and where they were, and a few people in this very town who she needed to see, to see if she could trust them enough to ask them to join her too. She was a little nervous, like she was every time she investigated a potential recruit, that they would turn her in, or release her identity. She wasnt sure how she would get out of it if that happened, but she had done it a hundred or so times already, and nearly everyone wanted to help her so far.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

https://lostkingdomsrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Flora Arrived in town, slowing down down so she wouldn't be carrying in a windstorm behind her. She weaved in and out, until she found the inn. Landing at the door and opening it, smiling at the bartender. Before looking around for whoever she was supposed to me. Wondering who Rose was sending her too.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:49 pm

"Hello there, customer!" Jake beamed, "Sit down and we serve a great variety of drinks and snacks here!" He said, his huge smile never fading, until he noticed the wings on Floras back.
"Now, you wouldnt happen to be meeting someone here, would you?" He asked in a friendly tone, "What would your name be?", never stopping cleaning glasses for even a second.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Flora's wings fluttered abit, "I am actually and I always find southern food so interesting. What would you recommend?" She said smiling, before adding "my names' flora, what about you?"

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:56 pm

"My name is Jake." He replied, pulling out a menu. "For you, m'lady its free." He said, holding the menu out to her. "I would reccomend the bruschetta for a real south dish." He said with a gentle smile.
"Have a look over the menu, and I will show you to who you're meeting and bring you your food." He added.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Flora kicked her lips, "the brus cj etta sounds delightful. So you have any berry tea?: she asked with a smile and then blinked, when she realized that he could take her to who she came to meet. "Wait, you know who I am here for?" She asked curiously.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:27 pm

"Yes, shes a very important person you're going to meet." He smiled even wider. "You don't know? Anyway follow me, m'am." He says, opening the door to the hallway and holding the door open for Flora.
"Shes a wonderful lady as well, I must say." He added, blushing as he lead her to a door at the end of the hall and knocked. "Your bruschetta will be along shortly." He said as Cynthia opened the door.

"Honestly, Jake, I could hear you down the hall." She said, also blushing slightly. "Come on in, Flora." She said. "My name is Sianna, nice to meet you." She said, holding her hand out to shake.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Flora shook her head, no she didn't. So she listened to Jake and smiled slightly, wondering what kind of person made him like that. As well as wondering if Jake had a small crush on the person.

Chuckling slightly at what Sianna said, before smiling at Jake. "Thanks" and disappeared into the room with Sianna. Thinking she looked familiar, but not saying anything.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:31 pm

"Sit, youre my guest." She offered, gesturing to the bed before siting down herself.
"I want to get to know you, you were a messenger in the war, correct?" She asked, listening intently to her reply.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Flora nodded and sat in a nearby chair. She nodded again, "That's right. I was, I helped out in anyway I could and being from the Enra-fra. I was probably the most neutral person they could find, my forest was never interested in the war. So I quickly went from being a kingdom messenger to a messenger of the whole country. Just glad I could help save some lives." She said, wondering if she had said to much or if she had said what she had wanted to say at all.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:20 am

"Erna fra, hm?" Cynthia mused, she liked Flora. She sounded like a reliable and trustworthy messenger. "What are your feelings on the current ruler? Of the south, I mean." She asked, very straightforward.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:27 am

Flora blinked, "thats' an..." Flora stopped and got closer to Sianna staring at her for a moment. Before a wide smile crossed her face, "that's why you looked familiar. You look alot like your mother, you know. As for your question, personally I preferred your parents."

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Cynthia smiled, hiding her surprise that Flora recognised her. "I am glad you feel that way. Although my father was currupt and used the kingdoms money for himself, he never went as far as to kill innocent people." She said, "I need a messenger to help me rally my troops and retake the throne. Will you work with me for the good of all people in the south?" She asked, putting her hand out to shake.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Flora nodded, "it is as you said. Your father was greedy, but he at least didn't kill people without any true reason. Your mother had a good heart and I hope you have your mothers' heart and until you prove that wrong. You can count on my help," She replied honestly.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:48 pm

"Thankyou." Cynthia said sincerely, giving Flora a soft smile.

Just the. There was another nock at the door, before Jake opened it. "Here, enjoy!" He said cheerfully, handing Flora a plate loaded with bruschetta.
Just as he was about to head out, Cynthia stopped him.
"Youve met Jake. He is very friendly, and has let me stay here at his inn for quite some time now." Cynthia said, "He is actually the current kings son." Jakes bright smile faded slightly, he opened his mouth as if to speak but decided against it.
"He is also a great warrior. His aim is spot on with a knife, fork or anything, hes deadly." She added, gesturing for him also to come sit next to them, he did so, blushing slightly as his shoulder brushed Cynthias.

"With so many strong warriors such as him helping me, we are sure to stand a chance." She began. "However, there will be casualties, of both my allies and the soldiers. So tell me, erna fra is famous for its many great healers. Do you know of anyone who may join us?"
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 am

Flora rubbed the back of her neck, "My mother and grandmother are both healers. Most of my village prefer to keep to ourselves, the war maybe over. However for our forest, all that means is more collaboration for hunts for trying to catch our young when they are alone or trying to find our village to take our wings." She explained honestly, before adding "don't worry we have felt with these kinds of the things since for as long as our history has ever told us. The animals and the forest helps us."

Quickly taking a bite of the Bruschetta, licking her lip and thanking Jake. It was so good and was glad she got to try some. Her wings fluttered happily as she took another bite.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:27 am

Cynthia sighed sadly, "If I was queen, all wing-hunters would be severely punished." She scowled in disgust, thinking of a solution. "Would they be willing to help if when i'm in charge again I sent a guard force to help keep hunters out of erna fra?" She asked.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:30 am

Flora chuckled and smiled, "now if only everyone thought like that." She said, before listening to the rest of what Sianna had to say. Then scratched the back of her head, "you have to understand. We have pretty much isolated ourself for hundreds if not thousands of years. We have elders that has never met anyone outside of the forest, apart from a few traders and the hunters that mean us harm. So it maybe hard to convince most of them. However, we might be able to convince a few. Once you're queen though, we can see about setting up Representative meetings in the forest. No guard in the forest though, my village they will take offense to it and if any of them step out of Erna-fra and into the other part. They will meet a fate worse than death." She said honestly.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:44 pm

"Alright, I understand." Cynthia said with a gentle smile. "It was merely a suggestion, to right the wrongs of people in this kingdom, but I see the fairies of Erna fra are strong and can protect themselves."
"Would you travel with me to Erna fra to ask?" She asked, thinking they may be more inclined to trust her if she was with Flora. "Because I will not send in my allies to fight without knowing there are people willing to help the injured."
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Flora nodded, "of course. I promise nothing once we get there, however I can at least help get you to my village safely." She said then smiled, "I hope you like my villages' food." Then continued to eat her food.

The messenger understood why Sianna didn't want to send those willing to help her without a guarantee that there's someone to help them.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:31 pm

"Thankyou, i'm sure erna fra's food will be wonderul." She said, wondering if it would be different from the rest of the west kingdom, culturally.

~~~
(Time to leave?)
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:56 pm

(Sure)

Flora smiled, " maybe I could even convince a certain couple to part with a special restorative recipe of theirs." She said finoshing up her meal and thanking Jake for the meal.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:06 pm

"I would love to learn some exotic recipes to serve here!" Jake said, his smile brightening again as he took Floras plate and went to clean it up.

~~~

"Everything's packed up!" Jake said, holding out two backpacks for Flora and Cynthia. "I packed us all some food, supplies, and a set of spare clothes. Oh, and some sandwiches with some special eastern spice." He added, changing the sign on the outside of the inn to 'closed.'

"Flora, who would you like to ride with? Or you may ride alone." He offered, as there were only two horses.
"I'll go with Jake." Cynthia said quikly, grabbing his arm. She paused, realised shed just sounded a little desperate. "I mean, so Flora dear can have more space!"
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Flora almost told Jake that she had her own bag, but decided against it. He had gone though all the trouble after all. Then bit back both a chuckle and an urge to say how cute the two were together.

So decided to not tell them that she actually didn't need a horse. Just getting up on the horse they didn't choose and said, hiding the fact that she thought they were cute. With a sweet smile and a "why don't we go?" Then set off knowing it would be quite some time until they arroved

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next