Lost kingdoms roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The queen and the messenger

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The queen and the messenger - Page 2 Empty Re: The queen and the messenger

Post by Roseora Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:27 pm

~~~ A few hours of travelling later ~~~

"Its getting dark, can we rest for the knight?" Cynthia asked, putting her hand on Jakes shoulder, he flinched slightly, blushing, but it was barely noticable in the orange sunset light.

"Of course, m'lady." He said, the horse coming to a stop as he tugged on the reigns.

"Flora!" Cynthia shouted to get her attention. "Would you find us some firewood? I will set up some shelter, and Jake, please make preparations for dinner." She said, giving everyone the jobs she considered they would find easiest.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

https://lostkingdomsrp.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:28 pm

Flora nodded and tied the horse to a tree, before shooting off leaving a gust of wind behind her. They might just be just at the edge of the forest, but it was still enough for her to have some fun and do some flips and tricks as she gathered the wood. Needed, she had left her staff back at the campsite.

Unlike when she first met Rose, her staff now had engravings on it. It would confuse most people, especially since the complete staff wasn't engraved, just part of it. For the few that could understand the engravings. It would tell the story, that she and her friends shared.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 am

~~~
"There, all set." Cynthia said, wiping the dirt off her hands as she inspected her handiwork- before she noticed something underneath her feet. It was a trampled, rotting herb. She looked around to see a ring of them, and the remains of another campsite. She wondered who could havebeen here before them. To the right was a small stream leading to a waterfall, and to the left, an orange grove.
Covered in mud, there was also the remains of a can of mac and cheese, and there were tiger claw marks in some of the trees.

Jake looked up. "I found where the firepit was." He said, already realising this was already a campsite. "I hope cannelonni is alright!" He beamed.

"Whatever you make it will be amazing.' Cynthia said. "Floras been a while, you think shes okay?" She asked, sitting down on an old log that was left near the firepit, with a tattered old sleeping bag besides it.

{ooc note: its the first campsite from when Flora, Susan, Rose ect. met. Thought id add in some emotional fluff.}
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:58 am

Flora arrived back with a pile of logs and dropped them in the fire pit. Spotting the herbs, she smiled, remembering her friends and looked around at the duo. "Let me know if you, if either of you feel like you are being watched. I can set up a circle to keep predators out," she said. Then went over to her staff and ran a hand over the engravings.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 pm

"Thanks, Flora, but these woods are a little safer now its winter, less nasty wildfe around." Cynthia smiled, noticing Floras staff. "Whats that?" She asked.

Jake started slicing up some pasta hed bought with him, while Cynthia started to build up the fire, still listening to Flora.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Flora shrugged, thinking that at least she had offered. Then listened to what Cynthia said, before shrugging again and putting the staff in her lap. "It's a staff, my fathers' side of the family uses blades of some kind to fight. My mother's uses a staff, my brother is more comfortable with throwing knives and daggers. I am more comfortable with with a staff. My mother's side of the family also engraves the staffs, to tell others about them. We each make our staff, they always start out bare, but then slowly get filled in as we discover who we truly are. Even if others don't completely understand the engravings and what they may mean. For us, it shows that we know who we are." Flora explained, only partially out of it. As if she wasn't really sure what to say and as if she was lost in a memory, at the same time.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:21 am

Both Cynthia and Jake were listening to Flora intently, Cynthia smiled. "So I guess youve been on a load of adventures, youve done a lot of engraving." She said softly.

"Dinner is served." Jake beamed, handing them both plates loaded with food.

"How.... How did you fit this many ingredients in that tiny backpack...?" Cynthia said in awe.

"I'm just one hell of a bartender." He smiled, pulling a tablecloth out of the bag, three champagne glasses and a bottle of wine.

"Flora, am I going crazy? Theres no logical way he could cram that much stuff in there..." Cynthia said, blankly staring as Jake continued to set up a full dinner table.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:04 am

Flora smiled a bit of a far away smile, "I have been on a couple of adventures. Most of them involved Rose and our friends." Then watched Jake for a few moments, before she chuckled and said, "clearly the bag is enchanted. Get it in a trade or from a family member?" She asked curiously.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:46 pm

"Well I hope you have many more adventures and fill that staff up with beauiful carvings."

"Nope, enchanted it myself. This way I can be a great host wherever I go." He said, rummaging around inside the bag.
"I forgot the table, sorry." He said, smiling akwardly. "Picnic it is!" He added, picking up the bottle of wine.
"Care for a drink, ladies?" He offered.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:14 am

Flora nodded and offered Sianna a smile. Before looking to Jake and chuckled, "that is fine. I've had had plenty worse, so nothing wrong with a picnic and nod offense but I don't really drink alcohol that doesn't come from my home forest." She said a little awkwardly, wine tasted odd to her and beer from anywhere else was beyond horrible.

She didn't mind helping herself to the food though.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:40 am

"Nevermind, perhaps a pepsi is more your taste?" He asked, fishing a can out of his bag and offering it to Flora.

"I will please." Cynthia said, holding her glass out. He poured them both some before sitting down with his food.

"You should discuss your strategy, Cynthia." He said, glancing over to her.

"Oh, right... Im not really sure yet. Maybe our allies make a distraction, leading the main guard force away from the palace while me and a few of the more experienced fighters infiltrate the palace.." She said, "what do you two think?"
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 am

Flora thought, "well it is certainly interesting. However, how much does the current king care for Jake?" She asked curiously, before offering Jake an apologetic. "I understand you don't like to be associated with him, however you are yourself and not your father. Whatever he does should not decide who you are."

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Jake looked slightly uncomfortable at the question, his smile fading but he still crammed in another mouthful of food, so he could think for a second how to reply.

"Well, its been a long time. Hes a coldhearted man, but he would hesitate to hurt me still." He admitted.

Cynthia spoke up. "Jake, are you okay with this... Were probably going to kill him." She said, the last part was very quiet, as if she had trouble saying it.

"I want to do it myself." He said quikly, before looking away, embarrased. "I mean... I dont want a sweet innoent lady to become a murderer. Ill do it." He said, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Alright, whatever you wish." Cynthia said gently, before turning to Flora.

"Why do you ask?" She asked, wondering if it was somehow relevant to the plan.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 pm

"Eell, most father's I have come across would do just about anything and so I was just wondering if he would react the same way. Not that you would actually be in any danger." She answered honestly, "if you don't think that would work then I understand." Before taking a bite of her meal.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:29 pm

"So.. so you mean use Jake kind of like a hostage...?" Cynthia said, her voice unsure. Jake stayed quiet, both of them now distracted from their food.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Flora blushed, "not exactly. He would still be free to do what he wished and again, if you guys don’t like the idea. Then forget I said snything, but the cruel king isn't here and would know Jake was free and well. So what would happen if a rumor reached him that, somethinks like that was the case." Starting to feel embarrassed for even offering the idea.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:49 pm

"He knows im free and well, yes. He doesnt know im working for Cynthia." Jake replied.
"Its a good idea, Flora. If we spread a rumour that Jake is being held hostage, he may take action to save him out of principal if not fondness. We could use this to our advantage, to split his troops and disorganise them." She said, a thoughtful look on her face.

"Youd make a good tactician Flora." She complimented. "For now though, lets eat and just enjoy the evening. Jake prepared very well." Sh smiled, trying to lighten the mood and picking her plate back up.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Flora blushed again, this time not saying anything. As she enjoyed the meal Jake had made. Wondering slightly where Jake had learned to cook.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:07 pm

~~~

"J-" Cynthia started, hiccupping. 'Jake... Can I have another glass?" She smiled, holding out her glass.

"Sorry, were all out." Jake lied, putting the third bottle they were on back in his bag.

"Did I... Did I ever tell you I love you?" She said drowsily, Jake blushed, although it was hard to tell in dark.

"Flora? Are you getting tired? Because im REEEALLY tired." Jake said, clearly uncomfortable with Cynthia acting like this.

"Ill get you some water, and then you get some rest too okay?" He said gently, digging a bottle of water out f his bag.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Flora giggled, "ya a little tired, but why don't you take her with you? To try to see if you can sober her up any. While you are at it, why not tell her how you feel?" She got out and then flew up to a tree branch to sleep in.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Jake watched Flora fly off, he sighed.

"Cynthia, I..." He began. "I love you to." He said quikly, blushing heavily. "But you are going to have a terrible hangover tomorrow." He said, placing the water in her hands. He picked her up bridal-style and carried her over to a sleeping bag by the fire.

She glugged down the water fast, and didnt protest as Jake wrapped the sleeping bag around her, tucking her in.
"T..." She slurred, 'thank youu.." Jake smiled, less embarrased now. She probably wouldnt remember this episode in the morning, and he didnt mind. He wasnt shre if she really loved him, kr that was just the alcohol talking, but just her saying it made him feel warm inside.

"Goodnight." He said, taking the empty bottle of water and sitting beside her.

"Flora." He said, hoping she wasnt asleep already. "Come down here ive got some blankets you can have." He said. It was pretty cold tonight. "Ill just let her sleep it off." He added quietly, a smile on his face.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:34 am

Flora opened her eyes at Jakes' voice and flittered down. Thanking him for the blanket, nodding when he said he'd let her sleep it off. She just smiled and said, "Why haven't you talked about how you feel for her before?" Wrapping the blanket around herself.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:27 am

Jake thought for a second, glancing over at Cynthia who was now drooling on the sleeping bag. "Because shes the queen, shes noble, and honourable." He said. "Im the son of a corrupt king. It just wouldnt be right... If we were together." He said, "Besides, when shes queen, she can have any rich , strong nobleman in the kingdom she wants." He finished, smiling awkwardly.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Flora chuckled, "Jake do you really think that she wants any old nobleman? As for being the son of a corrupt king, who cares who your parents are? From I can tell Jake, you are resourceful, kind, and with a good heart. This coming from someone who just met you," she said smiling warmly at Jake.

Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Roseora Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:57 pm

"Thankyou, really..." He said, his smile softeing as he listened to Flora. "You really think... Shed like me...?" He asked awkwardly.

"Wait, I just remembered something." He said, rummaging around in his bag. "That stff of yours, heres some paint. Its magic, for every carving you paint with it your staff will get stronger, maybe even get some sort of magic power." He said, smirking.
"I have a load of enchanted stuff... I wasnt good enough at drawing or carving to get any use out of it." He said with a laugh, handing her a wooden tub.

"Goodnight, we have a long journey tomorrow, so rest." He said gently.
Roseora
Roseora
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next